Players Online
162
Changelog
22 Sep 2022 - A few minor bugs fixed in the client: cams save properly now upon exit; server messages at the beginning of a cam are now omitted and do not prevent the playback - works with old cams as well. Moreover, the CPU of the CamPlayer has been optimised. In case of any issues with the auto-updater, please download the new version of the client directly from our website.

Furthermore, a few minor improvements were also implemented in the forum: new icons, consistent marking of read and new/unread posts/topics (requires login); saving the content during post writing/editing in case the user is unexpectedly logged out or the browser tab is closed (content saved via auto-save to the browser's local storage); a preview of the text is now available when writing/editing a post. Check full changelog...

#11

03.08.2022 03:04:24

Inglorion
Player

Level: 58
Profession: Paladin
Residence: Thais
Posts: 1

Re: Development Plan


GODs, hello!

3 quick questions just to make clear all that information:

1) ANK reworks:

It is understood that it exists and a quest is needed to acess. Now that it will be reworked, will this acess change? because i never tried to explore and now i want. Yet, it would be pointless to start now when an update will happen.

2) Addons:

Personally, i think addons dont change the atmosphere and nostalgia. It also would be a motivation to hunt different hunts and helps interactions between players. Should us expect new outfits or/and addons?

3)Tibiantis Itens/quests:

Often can be seen at the general discussion people asking for original itens. Even small itens as "a ring/necklaces that provide light or cap"".

We believe at the server and i am happy to see you guys working on it!

Since it demands time and resources, we play it slow and enjoy it!

#12

04.08.2022 09:31:57

Lord
God

Level: 300
Profession: Master Sorcerer
Residence: Edron
Posts: 33

Re: Development Plan


Burst  wrote:


Geez the 7.1 sprite pack I made from 15 years ago is still around. Pretty neat.

@Kay - A sprite pack like that will take less than an hour to do. Plus, the one I made for classictibia still exists. Not hard to find some1 who has it still.



Sprite pack is a sprite pack, we will also need to change updater or client itself to handle different datapacks.

#13

05.08.2022 05:24:04

Domitrix
Player

Level: 40
Profession: Sorcerer
Residence: Ab'Dendriel
Posts: 1

Re: Development Plan


Hey there.
If you want to bring back old sprites might as well bring back old mechanics like beholder skele summons used to give xp. :P (for better immersion)

#14

06.08.2022 21:49:52

Roupinol
Player

Level: 16
Profession: Knight
Residence: Carlin
Posts: 1

Re: Development Plan


I Love the Idea to have the old Spirits Packs.
I think we can have ankrahmun without peninsula and tombs with bugged XP. You can post tibiantis on otaervlist.org too. And i think its a good idea to have a USA Server.

Sorry for my bad english

#15

11.08.2022 00:07:36

Redragon
Player

Level: 16
Profession: Knight
Residence: Carlin
Posts: 3

Re: Development Plan


Domitrix  wrote:

Hey there.
If you want to bring back old sprites might as well bring back old mechanics like beholder skele summons used to give xp. :P (for better immersion)



Milking slimes for better immersion =^.^=

#16

12.08.2022 19:35:43

Fuschia
Player

Level: 90
Profession: Elite Knight
Residence: Edron
Posts: 38

Re: Development Plan


@kay @lord

Is there any insights on what we suggested? Im truly interested on how can we have more clear goals/things to do in-game and if that is in your list of improvements/developments. I truly am curious about a Rook development.

twitch.tv/fuschiadawn

#17

28.08.2022 01:24:00

Mental
Player

Level: 48
Profession: Sorcerer
Residence: Venore
Posts: 1

Re: Development Plan


Kay  wrote:

Master Sorcerer  wrote:

Any idea when those packs will be available? And would It affect creatures too or Just itens? I'd love to see 7.3 spiders/Poison spiders/gs's again haha...


I wish I could tell you when. Yes, it will include creatures too. All sprites basically.
The question is what we should do with the sprites that did not exist back then. Whether we should replace them with some equivalent old sprites or just let them be. For example in 7.1 there were no colored backpacks. Should all backpacks be replaced with the old brown backpack then? The same goes for outfits, as 7.1 only offered 4 outfits for each sex (known as facc outfits). We can leave pacc outfits there or replace them with facc outfits for better 7.1 feeling. But in such case, using the 7.1-pack, you will see no difference between facc knight and pacc knight (warrior) outfits as they would both look as the facc one.

Our custom sprites will remain unchanged for all sprite-packs. The question is about the original sprites added after those versions.





You should keep the 7.1 sprites exactly as they were, meaning that there only exists brown backpacks and no pacc outfits.

This way it stays original to the real 7.1 oldschool feeling and not just some other random 7.4 OT that has some mixed sprites. Let it be just exactly how it was because thats why we play Tibiantis! :)

#18

29.08.2022 08:00:23

Kay
God

Level: 25
Profession: Elder Druid
Residence: Ab'Dendriel
Posts: 77

Re: Development Plan


Burst  wrote:


@Kay - A sprite pack like that will take less than an hour to do. Plus, the one I made for classictibia still exists. Not hard to find some1 who has it still.

The real question is, why bother wasting time with sprites when you could be finishing ankrahmun. Nobody is going to come to this server for sprites, there will be many who come for ank.


It certainly takes longer than an hour. I guess you mean just extracting the .spr file and pasting all the old sprites there. It may seem enough, but to do it properly you need to convert the .dat file also - which is what we did to use all the correct 7.4 sprites within 7.72 client - converted the 7.72 dat file to use the original 7.4 .spr file. This way you can make sure everything is correct, including the flags and properties of all objects. Another thing is that we'd have to adjust the auto-updater to work with several different sets of dat & spr.

Anyway, none of the above is an issue, but the sprite-pack also does not have the highest priority. It is not stopping the rework or anything significant, I hope this answers your question.

Mental  wrote:


You should keep the 7.1 sprites exactly as they were, meaning that there only exists brown backpacks and no pacc outfits.

This way it stays original to the real 7.1 oldschool feeling and not just some other random 7.4 OT that has some mixed sprites. Let it be just exactly how it was because thats why we play Tibiantis! :)


I'm personally inclined to the idea of not mixing the sprites versions too. However, this is not possible with all the objects, since some of them did not exist prior to 7.4 and have no sprite equivalent. Colored backpacks can be replaced by brown backpack with no issues but this is not always the case. Even some monsters were added only in 7.4.

Inglorion  wrote:


1) ANK reworks:

It is understood that it exists and a quest is needed to acess. Now that it will be reworked, will this acess change? because i never tried to explore and now i want. Yet, it would be pointless to start now when an update will happen.

2) Addons:

Personally, i think addons dont change the atmosphere and nostalgia. It also would be a motivation to hunt different hunts and helps interactions between players. Should us expect new outfits or/and addons?

3)Tibiantis Itens/quests:

Often can be seen at the general discussion people asking for original itens. Even small itens as "a ring/necklaces that provide light or cap"".


Ad 1: If you "gain" the access before the rework, you will still have the access after the rework. The exact method will not change so much other than it will be way more clear.
Ad 2: There are no plans to introduce addons system whatsoever. New outfit is more probable, but still unlikely, as currently there is no such plan either. We rather stick to the classic look.
Ad 3: I guess you mean adding a purpose to some originally useless items? This is under consideration, but not necessairly in the proposed way (like adding an attribute to the item itself).

Domitrix  wrote:

Hey there.
If you want to bring back old sprites might as well bring back old mechanics like beholder skele summons used to give xp. :P (for better immersion)


We aren't aiming for the older mechanics (older than 7.4). This won't be introduced mostly because it could be easily abused.

Fuschia  wrote:

@kay @lord

Is there any insights on what we suggested? Im truly interested on how can we have more clear goals/things to do in-game and if that is in your list of improvements/developments. I truly am curious about a Rook development.


There is no plan for tasks such as "kill X monsters of type Y" if you had that on mind. There may be other types of tasks to do for an NPC though. We generally focus on adding more missions to complete. Achievements to be displayed on the website are possible, but nothing concrete yet. As for Rook - there will be no changes in this update (rework). There may be something new in the next update for which we already have initial plans, but that's a long way to go.
  • Last edited 29.08.2022 08:08:12.
  • Quote

#19

11.09.2022 17:06:49

Kel'thuzad
Player

Level: 39
Profession: Elder Druid
Residence: Venore

Senate of the Black Dragons (Kelly)

Posts: 1

Re: Development Plan


Kay  wrote:

Burst  wrote:


@Kay - A sprite pack like that will take less than an hour to do. Plus, the one I made for classictibia still exists. Not hard to find some1 who has it still.

The real question is, why bother wasting time with sprites when you could be finishing ankrahmun. Nobody is going to come to this server for sprites, there will be many who come for ank.


It certainly takes longer than an hour. I guess you mean just extracting the .spr file and pasting all the old sprites there. It may seem enough, but to do it properly you need to convert the .dat file also - which is what we did to use all the correct 7.4 sprites within 7.72 client - converted the 7.72 dat file to use the original 7.4 .spr file. This way you can make sure everything is correct, including the flags and properties of all objects. Another thing is that we'd have to adjust the auto-updater to work with several different sets of dat & spr.

Anyway, none of the above is an issue, but the sprite-pack also does not have the highest priority. It is not stopping the rework or anything significant, I hope this answers your question.

Mental  wrote:


You should keep the 7.1 sprites exactly as they were, meaning that there only exists brown backpacks and no pacc outfits.

This way it stays original to the real 7.1 oldschool feeling and not just some other random 7.4 OT that has some mixed sprites. Let it be just exactly how it was because thats why we play Tibiantis! :)


I'm personally inclined to the idea of not mixing the sprites versions too. However, this is not possible with all the objects, since some of them did not exist prior to 7.4 and have no sprite equivalent. Colored backpacks can be replaced by brown backpack with no issues but this is not always the case. Even some monsters were added only in 7.4.

Inglorion  wrote:


1) ANK reworks:

It is understood that it exists and a quest is needed to acess. Now that it will be reworked, will this acess change? because i never tried to explore and now i want. Yet, it would be pointless to start now when an update will happen.

2) Addons:

Personally, i think addons dont change the atmosphere and nostalgia. It also would be a motivation to hunt different hunts and helps interactions between players. Should us expect new outfits or/and addons?

3)Tibiantis Itens/quests:

Often can be seen at the general discussion people asking for original itens. Even small itens as "a ring/necklaces that provide light or cap"".


Ad 1: If you "gain" the access before the rework, you will still have the access after the rework. The exact method will not change so much other than it will be way more clear.
Ad 2: There are no plans to introduce addons system whatsoever. New outfit is more probable, but still unlikely, as currently there is no such plan either. We rather stick to the classic look.
Ad 3: I guess you mean adding a purpose to some originally useless items? This is under consideration, but not necessairly in the proposed way (like adding an attribute to the item itself).

Domitrix  wrote:

Hey there.
If you want to bring back old sprites might as well bring back old mechanics like beholder skele summons used to give xp. :P (for better immersion)


We aren't aiming for the older mechanics (older than 7.4). This won't be introduced mostly because it could be easily abused.

Fuschia  wrote:

@kay @lord

Is there any insights on what we suggested? Im truly interested on how can we have more clear goals/things to do in-game and if that is in your list of improvements/developments. I truly am curious about a Rook development.


There is no plan for tasks such as "kill X monsters of type Y" if you had that on mind. There may be other types of tasks to do for an NPC though. We generally focus on adding more missions to complete. Achievements to be displayed on the website are possible, but nothing concrete yet. As for Rook - there will be no changes in this update (rework). There may be something new in the next update for which we already have initial plans, but that's a long way to go.



Keep up the work! Will be so happy to see the new re-work :)

#20

12.09.2022 22:27:37

Wonsz Na Tropie
Player

Level: 36
Profession: Elite Knight
Residence: Thais
Posts: 3

Re: Development Plan


@Kay


What about tasks with rewards like hunter rangs, trophies etc? It's not interfering into game balance/boost but it will be some kind of challenge and fun
  • Last edited 12.09.2022 22:30:54.
  • Quote

© Copyright by Tibiantis Online 2020-2022. All rights reserved.


All times are CEST (GMT+02:00). This page was generated at 23:54.