forum

#1 2021-02-20 01:00:30

Dysfunked
Player

Shared Experience - Makes Sense

The reason given for not introducing Shared Experience - I believe, isn't justifiable.

In the Custom Changes chat on Discord, the reason given was (paraphrasing) "people used to team hunt monsters that lost the most of their loot value due to overload of quest rewards"

Well... You already removed or changed the rewards to these quests. So that removes the argument of flooding the market and ruining the economy altogether.

The only other option is to hunt the monsters. And depending on your vocation or the monster you want to hunt, it can be illogical to do solo hunts. This would require a team hunt. But once again, depending on the vocation or monster, it may be illogical to do a group hunt if it does not benefit you (ie. you get the rare item dropped by the monster) or get decent exp.

I'm not saying people don't help their friends if it doesn't benefit them, but to what extent? It doesn't promote people to work together and find others to play with, that's for sure.

I want to team hunt with friends, but it does not make sense because they will get no experience, it would cost a lot of GP's for runes, and they spend a lot of time helping me with no benefit for them. I dont even want to ask because it really is too much to ask from someone. Spend hours (all of your time online for possibly a number of days) helping ME acquire an item? Could I pay them or buy all the runes? Sure, but mine as well buy the item then because who knows how long it will take.

So... Why do it?

How would "Shared Experience" hurt the goal of getting people to work together/socialize and balance the economy? The removal of these items as rewards has already altered the economy drastically. How does this promote people working together or socializing with others? It doesn't, people are more likely to run solo because they can get decent Experience and make GP and just buy the item.

The Lack of Shared Exp Promotes Power Gaming...

You could even alter the experience people get in shared hunts to be less so it is only used for team hunts for loot and not exp.

Tibiantis Community – Please Leave Your 2 Cents (Thoughts)

#2 2021-02-20 01:12:27

Galilee
Player

Re: Shared Experience - Makes Sense

I totally agree.

There should definetly be shared exp on Tibiantis. Considering the fact that there is not that much of content nor spawns it would motivate more people to play together and that would make players interact more with eachother - wich was one of your reasons you removed ank (Source: https://otland.net/threads/tibiantis-re … ad.267116/ )

Shared exp is a perfect way to balance it out and make players interact even more with eachother.

// Amir

#3 2021-02-20 01:25:29

Zelda
Player

Agreed, can I sign on my RP also?

Double signed !!!

#4 2021-02-20 01:26:55

Sinnanator
Player

Agreed!

#5 2021-02-20 08:10:01

Dysfunked
Player

I will add to this so there is less confusion.

There isn't really much of a reason for people to hunt togeter because you get better exp and gp hunting solo. And this server was built and altered to promote community interaction as much as possible, which is so far awesome.

If there was a way to promote team hunts (Shared Experience OR Something Else), that would make this server amazing.

I, like many others on this server have lives outside of tibia, who work 40 hours per week and have a social life. I will not be getting lvl 80 any time soon to take part in the high lvl monsters hunts and quests. I'm sure there is a way to implement a system to promote team hunts for all levels (not just by including new monsters for high lvls)

What is the right way to do this? I do not know.

But this is why it is here, on a forum, under proposals. It is just an idea.

Last edited 2021-02-20 08:11:00.

#6 2021-02-20 16:12:45

Balderon
Player

Don't Agree ! Why?

Because people will be using it for quick hunting at low levels. They will take you lvl 30 on warlocks and you will do a lot of exp, when others will have to struggle for many days on guards.

"You could even alter the experience people get in shared hunts to be less so it is only used for team hunts for loot and not exp."   

- This isn't logical , if you want to go hunting with your team for loot, not experience. Is it for you shared exp?

Last edited 2021-02-20 16:17:31.

#7 2021-02-20 21:41:07

Lamusini
Player

Not agree - all posted on discord.

#8 2021-03-12 17:38:15

Mango Loco
Player

I totally agree with this. Shared exp would make people team hunt more often, especially those who focus on exp a lot.

#9 2021-03-17 06:55:33

Kay
God

Dysfunked wrote:

The reason given for not introducing Shared Experience - I believe, isn't justifiable.

In the Custom Changes chat on Discord, the reason given was (paraphrasing) "people used to team hunt monsters that lost the most of their loot value due to overload of quest rewards"

Well... You already removed or changed the rewards to these quests. So that removes the argument of flooding the market and ruining the economy altogether.

That's a misunderstanding. The quote was one of the reasons for changing the rewards. Because quests used to flood the market with equipement, team hunts became much less viable, as potential loot from these lost its value significantly. It's based on supply vs demand ratio.
Let's take behemoths as an example. Behemoth is one of a few monsters that are hunted in teams. If not for the fact that giant swords and steel boots were removed from Banshee Quest and DHQ, behemoths' loot wouldn't be valuable to give a reason to hunt them. Because you'd have a high supply of giant swords and steel boots from quests. So thanks to removing these items from quests, they could keep their value for a longer time and therefore give a better reason to hunt behemoths (good profit). Of course items lose their value as the server gets older anyway, but the process is slowed down.

That quote was not a reason for not implementing shared experience. It's completely different thing and nowhere it was said that team hunts flood the market (they do overtime but it's not the issue).

As for team hunts problem in general: you won't have it fixed by shared exp at all, unless you give high bonus exp (which we don't want to). The problem is deeper in the game mechanics.
You're usually better off killing some ghouls solo than - let's say - a dragon with friend. But you can't change that by boosting dragon's exp/loot to favor killing them (in team) over killing weaker monsters (solo), because dragons are in the same time solo-monsters for someone else (some higher level). So the problem lies mostly in the fact that the vast most of monsters in this game become perfectly huntable solo at some point, you only need to get strong enough. And because of the way how characters grow in power, it's very hard to design a good monster that would be hunted in teams at your level, and NOT hunted solo at higher levels.
There are a few monsters that are sort of 'limited' to team hunts (such as behemoths or demons) by their abilities or spawn design. We're also trying to introduce more spawns/monsters for team hunts in the updates.
But those will be the end game ones and it's hard to overcome that without deep changes in game mechanics.

I don't really think shared exp without any bonus would make team hunts more preferred to you. Technically the exp is already shared (according to damage dealt), so taking dragons as an example, if you go hunt with a knight, you'll usually split the exp +- equally. So this is not the reason why it's usually more efficient to go hunt some weaker monsters alone for you.

In that case you may want to consider other advantages of going on a team hunt anyway, such as more fun or being safer in case of lag/kick.

To sum it up: we're trying to promote community interaction as you said, but shared exp (without any bonuses) won't help here. Sadly it's way more complex to balance it.

I'm sorry if this post was a bit chaotic, we're busy preparing the update release big_smile I can elaborate a wider analysis later.

#10 2021-03-17 07:04:15

Kay
God

Lamusini wrote:

Not agree - all posted on discord.

We'd appreciate if you guys chose to post at forum when it comes to discussions under proposals. In order to let everyone (and us too) follow your reasoning. That's why the proposals channel in discord was disabled.
Discord is fine for chatting, but forum works much better for things as important as game changes.

#11 2021-05-12 18:49:38

Szaja Mith
Player

Shared experience should be implemented in my opinion,

lack of SE was the reason i lost intrest in this server at first tbh, (it doesnt change the fact that Tibiantis is the best server i ever seen)

after so many years playing this game, making tons of characters im just tired of playing ek/pally and hammering rotworms for months is not adventure for me anymore or relaxing.

Lucky for me, my friend keep playing, get h lvl ek and help me a lot, blocking dragons, sponsoring a bit etc so gameplay become fun once again, now im 'high' enough to hunt some necro's but i think more Ek will be up for hunt with me dls lets say, in case i wont stole most of experience with runes.

I disagree with opinion it would be some huge adventage and 30 lvls mages will start hunting wrls, becouse experience difference limit, 30 lvl can share exp maximum with 45 lvl so...

thats my 2 cents wink

© Copyright by NeedleSoft 2020. All rights reserved.
the site works best in 1024x768 resolution and IE 5.0+ browser